Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Boston and other thoughts

     What really upsets me about Boston is that those kind of races are such a celebration of life, and oftentimes its a culmination of a dream/goal for the participants.  I've run a big race (only one, Portland half marathon) and while I was totally wasted at the end, it was such a cool feeling to finish and have family there to witness it.  What happened Monday was such a tragedy...people there to celebrate family, and have fun, and give back and some nut job decides to do that.  I hate it.  If you're that upset with things, go kill yourself and leave the rest of us alone.  I believe that a big part of the human condition is the desire to improve, to get better, to seek new possibilities.  This act flies in the face of all of that.  No punishment is great enough.
     That said, I can't wait to see how Boston is run next year.  It's going to be awesome.  If you're going to try to terrorize a group of people, I don't think that a bunch of folks who are willing to run 26.2 miles, and to train to accomplish that are going to scare too easily.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment